Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
The Fulbright foreign student program is prestigious for international students who want to pursue a master’s or Ph.D. in the United States. This scholarship covers tuition fees, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. Fulbright provides funding for the duration of this study.
The Fulbright foreign student’s program enables young professional graduate students from other countries to study and conduct research in the United States and at U.S universities or other academic institutions.
Fields of study: Fulbright program accepts applicants from all fields of study, including interdisciplinary ones.
Several awards: Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships yearly.
Target group: Our target is international students from 155 countries all over the world.
Eligibility: program eligibility and selection procedure for Fulbright scholarship vary by country. Find out more on the country specifications websites at the official website about information for your home country
Application instructions: Foreign students must apply through the Fulbright commission/foundation or U.S embassy in their home country. Official scholarship website http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright
Deadline: varies Feb-Oct 2021, the course starts 2022-2023
British Chevening Scholarship (UK)
Chevening scholarships are the UK government’s global scholarship programs. This scholarship is awarded to outstanding individuals with leadership potentials. This scholarship is a yearly master’s degree program, it covers tuition, a living allowance for one individual, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and an additional grant to cover expenditure. This scholarship is fully funded by foreign and commonwealth office (FCO) and partners organization.
Host institution: choose from any university in the UK
Fields of study: Full-time master’s degree program in any subject.
Numbers of awards: approximately 1,500 students receive scholarships globally.
Target group: This scholarship is only for citizens of Chevening eligible countries. Visit the official website to see a list of eligible countries for the Chevening scholarship.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the Chevening scholarship first you must be;
- Be a citizen of countries eligible for the Chevening scholarship.
- Return to your country of citizenship after your scholarship has ended for a minimum of two years.
- You must have at least two years of working experience.
- You must have completed all undergraduate degree components to enable you to gain entry for a post-graduate program by the time you submit your application at the UK university. This applies to an upper-class degree 2:1 honours but is different depending on your choice of study.
Application Instructions: Applications for Chevening scholarship is an online system, therefore the submission system is an online system. The deadline for application is 2 November 2021 at noon GMT. Applications are currently closed.
Swedish Institute Scholarship For Global Professionals (Sweden)
This scholarship is provided by the Swedish Institute in Sweden for highly international students from developing countries who want to pursue full-time master’s programs at Swedish universities.
This scholarship program is a new program known as The Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals (SISGP) that replaces the Swedish institute study scholarship (SISS), it offers scholarships in the autumn semester of 2022 to a large number of masters programs at the Swedish universities.
The SI scholarship for global professionals aims to develop leaders who will contribute to the united nations agenda for 2030 for sustainable development and also contribute sustainable development to their home countries and region.
Host universities and institutions: The Swedish higher education institutions and the Swedish universities.
Fields/Levels of study: a list of eligible master programs for SISGP calls for the academic year will be made available on the official site.
Several scholarships: for the year 2022, an estimated number of 350 scholarships will be made available.
Target group: only students from the 42 countries listed below;
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Belarus, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameron, Columbia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Moldova, Morrocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russia federation, Pakistan, Srilanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 10,000 per month, some travel grants, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 ( travel grant is only for scholars living outside Sweden).
This scholarship is for a full time one year or two years masters programs,
Eligibility: To be eligible for this scholarship program;
- You must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries
- You must have at least 3,000 hours of work experience for a maximum of three organisations before the 10 of February 2022 application date.
- You must apply for an eligible course for the master’s program. The University gives programs with certain subject areas depending on your country of citizenship.
- You must demonstrate leadership experience and skills from your previous work or civil society engagement.
Application process: official scholarship website https://si.se/en/apply/scholarship/swedishinstitite-scholarship-for-global-professionals/
- To begin with, apply for a masters scholarship online by 17th Jan 2022. Once your application has been submitted, you will get a personal application number of 8 digits. Keep these numbers saves as u will need them when applying for SI scholarship for global professionals.
- After you’ve completed your master’s programme, you can apply for an SI scholarship. Make sure you have suited your online application before 10th February to 28th February 2022.
Visit the official website for further details on the application processes.
VLIR-UOS Traning and Masters Scholarship in Belgium
The VLIR-UOS awards scholarships to students from selected developing countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, so that they can learn and train for their master’s programmes related to development at universities in Belgium. This scholarship is awarded to 31 eligible countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. This is to follow an English taught major or masters program at a Flemming university or a university college in Belgium.
Host institutions: Belgian Flemming university or university college.
Fields of study: English Taught Training (ITP) and masters program
Several awards: 12 scholarships are awarded for each master or training program.
Scholarship value/duration/inclusion: this program provides training for the total duration of the training or masters program. The scholarship covers allowance, tuition fee, accommodation, international travel and insurance.
- A candidate must be from one of the 31 eligible countries.
- The maximum age for the initial masters is 35 years and for advanced masters classes are 45 years.
- Priority is given to candidates employed in government institutions, research institutions, academic institutions, social economy or NGOs. However, masters candidates employed in the profit sector or newly candidates without any work experience can also apply for the scholarship and are eligible as well, depending on their motivation and profile.
Application instructions and deadline; visit the university’s official website to apply for both admissions to the program as well as the scholarship itself. When applying for the program, be sure to state that you are applying for the scholarship also. The deadline varies, most deadlines are around 1 February or 1 March 2021 for the master’s program.
It is important to visit the official website for the master’s program you have chosen for detailed information on how to apply for this program.
Official website: https://www.viruos.be/en/scholarships/6